Saturday, October 16, 2010

community

I am still making my way through the Sunday magazine section from last week. I am enjoying each article. They all point in the same direction as to food creating community. It is so true, I feel it everytime I do a workshop. This past week Mindful had an incredible raw food workshop, and it was interesting because so many of the attendees had crossed paths before. Connections from life were discovered. Many were yogis from the same studio, had met at previous community events whether thru Mindful Organics or other sources. I find the people that are drawn to my company are intelligent, passionate people who I get so excited to meet. I learn as I give.
This week we have our 1st meeting for our CSA, a green smoothie workshop at Green Monkey after yoga Friday night at 6:30 Miami Beach location, I am teaching on Food and the connection to breast cancer Thursday at a local corporation. We have Nov 13, a Yoga and smoothies for kids workshop. Join a CSA, attend something like what I have mentioned through me or any community event, Nov 19th at Green Monkey we are showing the movie What's Organic about Organics? Sit on pillows with us, enjoy our raw vegan snacks, be part of a dynamic group. There is a fabulous night planned for local eating by wonder chefs under the stars and moon, at the Botanical Gardens this Friday night . Fairchild is having its edible plants weekend this coming weekend. Join in to community, become impassioned and dig into the earth, start your gardens. Do something, anything that helps our understanding of food as the core of relationships to eachother and the planet.
I know these are Miami area events mentioned, but trust me if you look all kinds of things are available in your area too. xo ginny off to teach tots about Whole Foods-love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!