Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gardening

I just spent a beautiful hour in the garden before the sun rose. It was quiet, cool and so very peaceful. The lovely Miss Bear at my feet,  and Sam our cat there as well. Pretty magical having both my pets as serene as I,  just being in the moment.  That is the magic of creating your own garden. I left it when the sun starting to warm us, carrots, eggplant and potatoes  planted this morning. I feel so accomplished, a quiet joy. This weekend I will be at Fairchild attending workshops and buying some seeds and seedlings. This is the time in our region for planting.
 As The Miami Herald captioned this week- Save The Planet, fuel your body with home-grown vegetables. The vegetables and herbs you grow at home taste a world apart from the ones you buy in the store that have been traveling upwards of two weeks to get to your local store.  The taste is deeper, richer, the benefits of knowing you are eating things fresh from your own soil without pesticides, should give you such joy, peace of mind and good health.
 What you are doing for our environmental goes beyond words, we make the difference, our actions each of us, have such an impact on our planet.  Questions? Ask me, if I can't answer you I will put you in contact with someone who can. This year my seedlings and seeds are coming from Natural Gardening Company. There are lots more great companies out there,  please order organic let demand lead where big business goes. Once again you honor me by visiting my blog. Thank you. xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!