Tuesday, December 7, 2010

my candida

Tuesday morning and it's oh so delightfully cold! I just finished a beautiful frigid run, with a dear friend and soon I will go to a 9 am yoga class. After I am having lunch with a dynamic group of women, (only 2 that I know) all involved in yoga as well as in different fields of expertise. A friend put us all together and I am so looking forward to it!

On my well being front...I had a severe attack of the candida Thursday, yet traveled out to Utah on Friday. Best thing I did. I always spend a lot of time on my clients but you know the saying...I had not fully focused on healing myself. I spent the 4 1/2 hours traveling out there rereading the candida cure. Our first stop was Wholefoods, where the staff was incredible helping me attain all the herbs and cleanses I needed. About 6 in all. I left carrying bags out of the store and hope.

Needless to say it isn't easy to follow the regimen, but I am feeling like I am so on the road. I still have been having some moments of pure pain, but all is settling down. I cannot have any fruit, yeast, alcohol,  dairy, gluten, or any products where sugars may be lurking. I guess if you asked me to roll it out I am a sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, yeast free, pescatarian. Yet instead of seeing it as limitations, I am embracing it. I feel so much better, and so aware of everything entering my body and how it makes it feel. To listen, to truly listen to one's body is an amazing experience. I have to be honest as well, my weight was driving me crazy, there was no drop from night to morn, I was eating very small amounts of food as it was painful and yet the scale showed me to be at my highest. 3 full days on herbs and do me good food, and more of it, than I had been able to digest before, and I came home 6 pounds lighter.

Main stream medicine for the most part still does not recognize Candida, I only hope people learn to seek out knowledge and keep looking when you know something is wrong, listen to  yourself, and trust in oneself. xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!