Monday, April 4, 2011

Thinking of Sunday Morning...

I am flying home at this moment somewhere in the sky between Dallas and Miami.
I have had a great week. I'm feeling restored, and anxious for my two boys waiting at home, the lovely Miss Bear, a great yoga class, to turn on beautiful music, and be in my kitchen creating the homey feeling that tells my boys all is right in the world, and that we are all together again. 

I know exactly what I will cook first. I want my boys to wake to this new recipe I indulged on while I was away.

Thank you to the incredible staff at Amangiri resort for sharing this recipe as well as a couple of more treasured ones which I will share in future blogs. Don't let the fact that this is a gluten- free recipe turn you off, if you are not a convert yet... it is so delicious!!


Here's to the beautiful smells of baking, morning papers, pjs, a weekly treat of a latte, a few dishes in the sink and Sundays. May it be a beautiful one.  xo ginny



Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
**Note can use carrot, banana, or pumpkin instead of zucchini
Ingredients
1  1/2C shredded zucchini
1 C chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1  1/2 C gluten free flour mix
1/2 C olive oil
2 eggs
1 C sugar
1 vanilla Bean

1. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt
2. In another bowl combine oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients
4. Add in zucchini and walnuts
5. Pour batter into greased loaf pan
6. Bake at 350*F for about 1 hour (until knife comes out clean)

**remember always bake in a preheated oven


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!