Saturday, July 10, 2010

Musings

I came home from Yoga today and heard voices from the kitchen, and there was a very typical scene, people eating around the table. Lunch was out, kids, friends and my husband gathered. I was proud of what was pulled from the refrig as I looked around. Lots of color, lots of veggies and salad. Funny though there was a college girl there who I knew, but couldn't quite place and my son Scott, to make sure I was not going to blow anything says her name in super speed and then progresses to tell me I have known her forever. That said, I couldn't ask too many questions as I didn't know where to begin. Well within minutes all the males at the table popped up to do boy stuff on the boat. I am left sitting with this person of which I didn't even catch her name. Within seconds she is introducing herself and asking whether she should call me Mrs Simon, (that was a quick no!) I was so glad I hadn't lost my mind , but actually had never really officially met her before. Yes I am sure she has been in my house quite a bit, with four kids that is the life we encourage. Alexandra (Nani) turned out to be precious and within moments together we were baking up the Chocolate Chip Cherry Love Cookies, and talking about Mindful Organics. (I was so happy her Aunts knew my products sell at The Workout Spot in Coconut Grove)
Cooking I have decided is probably the most relaxed and at times intimate way to get to know someone. I was honored today to have Nani cook with me, and then watch in 30 seconds two dozen cookies gone. Isn't life sweet. xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!