Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yoga and the boys

I have always wanted my boys to do yoga with me, so when one of the boy's school coach called to say that over the summer he wanted my son doing yoga to loosen and stretch my his hamstrings I was overjoyed. I have always pushed for them to add yoga to their physical regimen, but could not overcome their macho attitude towards it. I believe this started because I did not introduce my husband properly into yoga. I kind of threw him in and he was not comfortable. Unfortunately he got really turned off and never looked back. My boys picked up on his attitude, and like many other things in my male dominated household decided yoga was for women.
Things have changed...when one started another of my boys decided too as well. They are loving it. The boys are now telling their father and brothers how incredible yoga is. It is such music to my ears. They have decided it feels incredible and their muscles actually do get sore and stretched from practicing. Tomorrow, I can't wait, we are doing a power yoga class together. What a joy it will be sharing in the experience. I have waited a long time for this...I'll let you know after class about our Vancouver yoga experience. xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!