Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mindful Organics' 30 Day Challenge on Facebook

Last week I decided to start something easy and fun. To address the numerous Facebook posts/questions I get in regards to maintaining and healthy, clean diet- I thought that posing a community challenge would be a great way to get people involved, talking and participating in the easiest, mildly committal manner possible- an online challenge via Facebook.


Basically, you have to join the Group called "Mindful Organics' 30 Day Challenge" and are required to follow for 30 days- the challenge.  This month's challenge is the Pescatarian challenge.  No beef, chicken, meats- other than seafood. Also, no refined sweets, processed foods, white carbs, alcohol. Essentially a healthy vegetarian diet plus fish! Plus, a requirement of exercise each day for at least 45 minutes. 


Each group member is required to 'check in' each day by simply sharing a post- talking about their day and how they ate/exercised, sharing recipes, tips and words of encouragement. After the course of 30 days, all successful participants will receive a Mindful Organics organic tote bag (valued at $40) and not to mention probably the gift of some shed body weight and perhaps a healthier and more energized system!


Stay up to date on our challenges through our Facebook page! www.facebook.com/mindfulorganics


Here is my latest Challenge post that I wanted to share:


What fun this is. Yesterday morning I started with a beautiful run on the Venetian Causeway. I love listening to great music on a run. I always feel so incredible running, on such a natural high, I love to smile and say good morning to everyone I pass. It makes me feel so good, especially when it lights up someone else's face. People don't expect to be greeted, how very sad. 

I was in heavy production mode baking samples of ginnybakes yesterday, fulfilling some brand new large orders, exciting. Hopefully ginnybakes is moving into a commercial kitchen soon!! Dinner was the chick pea soup stew from the recipe site Annhy passed it was absolutely delicious. Funny thing is I looked around the table, I had added poultry for my men and a salad and thought the meal would have been even more beautiful had I just served the Stew with a great hunk of great bread and some fresh cheese. It was not necessary to add the additional protein the soup had everything we needed. My husband and one of the boys couldn't get enough and it was very chunky. I am learning as always yes, simpler is always more pleasing. 

On that theory, tonight for dinner I am making Roasted Squash with quinoa and nothing else! I bought 2 delicata squash, but you could use any smaller squash that you can stuff.


Roasted Squash with Quinoa1. Preheat the oven to 400' (always use a really hot oven when roasting vegetables)
2. Cut the squash, halve it lengthwise and seed. 
3. Brush both sides with olive oil season insides with S&P and roast 45 min, cut side down on a roasting sheet. 
4. Meanwhile make quinoa, same as basic rice directions though always rinse your quinoa well, first. 
During the last few minutes of the quinoa cooking- add 2 tablespoons golden raisins. Let cool. 
5. In a separate bowl- whisk together: 1 tbl sherry vinegar, 1 TBL honey, 1 tsp olive oil- and add to the quinoa.
6. Season to taste with S&P and dice well, one granny smith apple (the tart flavor is nice with the sweet of the raisin), add 1 minced shallot, 1 minced garlic, 2 TBL chopped mint 2 TBL chopped parsley and 2 cups arugula.
7. Toss gently and fill each squash half and enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!