Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is just about here, I am setting my table and cooking away. Not only for the day, but for the boys arrival into town.
I have been following and making my menu primarily from the NY Times link that for the past three weeks has been posting incredible vegetarian and vegan dishes from top chefs across the nation. How far we are coming. In today's NY Times Health section on pg 5 ( Link will be forthcoming on FB page) The article is titled A Vegetarian Thanksgiving Even for Carnivores, it says and I quote; " Interest in vegetarian cooking is surging, even among those who eat meat." Please read the whole article.  Also the recipe link will be reposted on FB.
In my house it is interesting, my husband, my mom, a friend all adore the vegetarian dishes. (My husband has really come to embrace it,  but it definitely took time)  My father, who used to think I was the most fabulous cook is so disappointed in my cooking lately. He likes old fashioned meat and potato dishes. This is just not my way.
Thanksgiving I will compromise, there will of course be turkey and traditional dishes, but just as many if not more dishes of all beautiful colors and textures bringing health, and hopefully having my kids sort to embrace what I hope they come to embrace as the traditional holiday food. Kale, and butternut, chickpea stew, zucchini pancakes, roasted brussel sprouts, cous cous, quinoa, fresh cranberries and orange zest, stuffing full of veggies...I could go on and on.  Hope your thanksgiving is beautiful. Remember to eat well and to sit back comfortably full,  and not more so, so the day after is a day of grace and not regret.
xo, ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!