Sunday, March 27, 2011

The End of the Story

I have never had as many people comment to me as I did on my last blog. See, the one prior  I was so caught off guard. I thought there was a lot of others that were more soulful, but that was the one I heard most about in a long time. It was about letting go and letting yourself be loved, held and taken care of. So I wanted to bring you up to date...

The very adored husband of mine never left me. He just rebooked his trip, this time including me. He figured it was in his best interest. He sprung it on me by saying, "Guess what Honey? We are going to Vegas!" He was so excited- like a kid in a candy store. So happy to have solved his problem by making sure he put me on that plane to Vegas with him. It would have been perfect, but in his excitement he forgot that our second oldest boy was home from college in Chicago and would not be leaving until Sunday. And he booked us to fly out the Saturday before...Oh well.  I love my husband with all of my heart- but just try and take me away from a full house of our boys these days is well...impossible. Long story short- though he rebooked me to fly out on Sunday (him still leaving on Saturday) but he came to his senses. So he tried to change his flight to leave Sunday with me- but the flights were sold out. So actually this was perfect this way anyway- because I get to spend the last few hours with all four of my boys under one roof and he gets to gamble on March madness. We both win.

I felt like the true winner though- as I was climbing the stairs to bed and I heard him give his last words of goodbye to his four sons. "Take care of your mom, make sure she is ok til I see her tomorrow night in Vegas." These are the same words he has given our boys since they were probably waist high.  He tells them and they honor him. He has taught these boys, who are now men in fact- about the importance of love and honor of family, and the old fashioned 'chauvinistic' responsibility of caring for their mother and important women in their lives. I know whoever they marry will be so cherished and will feel the same joy that I feel knowing that I am loved hard and deeply, completely surrounded by my men. Thank you to my husband for being the light of my life and the gift of strength to my sons.

I smiled to myself and tears came to my eyes as I brushed passed him. And came to my computer to express this warm feeling of deep love on this blog. I am so blessed. Do I deserve it?  I don't know. But all I can say is that I live each day understanding that in this lifetime I am so utterly blessed and grateful and realize it with every breath I take.

So, goodnight sweet husband of mine. I will say the same words I have said to you the last twenty-six years of my life when you fly without me, "Come home safe to me."

Home, being wherever we happen to find ourselves.   xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!