Thursday, June 2, 2011

ginnybakes and family




Ginnybakes was mine, and I was really proud of that. As it grew I thought it would be really cool if I could build it bringing in only creative, positive women. I felt strongly that way until I realized that I wanted to bring my boys in, including my biggest, my husband.

They skewed things way over to the male side. Slowly but surely the thought became a reality as ginnybakes grew. I couldn't handle it myself and needed manpower (no pun intended). For the first time ever I told my sons they had to work this summer, and the job was ginnybakes.  I could hold on 'til summer and then I expected them to work for something that potentially one day could be theirs. They all wanted important positions but guess what, they are learning from ground up, how to scoop dough, how to label our dry mixes, label our grab and go packs, and how to fill out invoices, demo, and tend to their assigned stores.
My eldest started today and it was an incredible experience! My current crew is a young one and my son loved their dynamic energy. He was honored when he heard how much they love and believe in ginnybakes.

I believe I am teaching lessons in responsibility, strong people and marketing skills, learning about starting from the ground up. I'm teaching strong work ethics, and what it takes to be respected. Do they learn this in school and sports? Absolutely, but I am once again happy to have ginnybakes,  if not only to be able to pass on more gifts to my boys' lives that will make them better people. xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!