Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Frittata

Summer has arrived, my refrigerators are filled,  food consumption is way up there. The boys are eating like crazy, they are starved from the beach and their Crossfit workouts. I am thrilled. This is when I am happiest. Kids, friends, noise and sleeping bodies casually draped on couches as the teenagers crash at each other's houses.

I am out early tomorrow exercising then working,  so I have made a frittata for the crew for the morning. Easy to make, delicious and beautiful too.

This one for the boys I made simply as they like.  You can make a frittata with all kinds of different herbs, cheeses and vegetables.

I had leftover roasted sweet potatoes and Yukon Golds. I sliced up the potatoes into a small dice,
added Applegate organic chicken and sage sausage, diced as well and  mixed them into 12 beaten eggs and added salt and pepper with some fresh mozzarella.

I Cook it on the stove top til it sets then put in a preheated oven at 425* for approx 15 minutes. When the top is firm and and set with a beautiful light brown coloring, it is done. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into. Great for breakfast, lunch or a romantic dinner in bed with a glass of wine.
To summer- xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!