Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Wedding Dress...

 It is funny, this blog has become such an outlet for me, I feel like you are part of my life. On Friday I had a day I will never forget and couldn't wait to put it here into words, in print so I can carry the day with me always, and hopefully you could relate in some way or another.

My niece Jenna is my sister Audrey's oldest child, her only daughter.  Audrey passed away from breast cancer 4 years ago this past April.

Jenna got engaged about 6 weeks ago to her very long term boyfriend Mitch.
Was it a surprise this engagement?- absolutely not, but the joy and excitement was beyond measure.

This past Wednesday I got an excited call from Jenna they have moved the wedding up drastically. They want to get married in December. Action was needed, within 2 minutes my dear friend Lauren Halpern was brought in as the party planner.

Thursday evening, another call came from Jenna, she had walked into Ever After in Coconut Grove and thought she might have found the dress of her dreams. Could I hurry and come the next day. You better believe I could. So there I found myself, alone with my niece as we planned, and dreamed together of her big day.

Was the dress perfect...so perfect. Was the moment beautiful, yes beyond. Surreal too as I am the mother of 4 sons buying a wedding dress. Such an honor and privilege for me, to be the one she called on to say- Aunt Ginny-I need you now. I was worried about stepping on the toes of her step mom and future mother-in-law. I followed her lead and she honored me so.
I got in my car alone after, and let the tears stream, life has it's moments of pure joy, tinged with just hints of sadness that make the sweet moments sweeter.

Now of course there is no holding me back, a wedding to plan!!! The tears are flowing, the sentiment is raw. And once again I utter the words I always do in times of gratitude "from my mouth to G-d's ears, I know I am so lucky to be living the life I am"
Xo  ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!