Wednesday, June 8, 2011

when you are where you are supposed to be...

 Tuesday and Thursday mornings are my yoga mornings. I woke up today (Tuesday) and something told me it was a day to be solely focused on the commissary. Well, intuition can be a great thing! The ginnybakes team was off its game today...big muffin problems!! The baking soda was left out of the muffins and the muffins weren't anything like normal. I realized the problem loomed large as orders are promised and need to be fulfilled. We could not get our deliveries out as all the orders today, but one, contained muffins. On top of the baking time we also need time to let them cool before packing them. Everything became a waiting game, and my little production room was becoming more crowded by the moment, as we had so much to package and yet the orders could not get moved out.
I realized pretty quickly it was time to organize, move what we could and take control of the situation, which is definitely becoming easier for me as we go. I remember two months ago trying to figure out how I would ever make my team respect me. I was never a boss before, though my children can tell you I can be pretty bossy. I have learned to be comfortable in my role, pretty easy to do, because I have the most wonderful team.
Eventually the ginnybakes mobile rolled out on its way. My eldest son, having a very busy day ahead of him delivering all the orders.
We learned a lesson today. We are great together, this team of mine. Grace under pressure. We responded to a situation, no one overreacted and life moves on. What seems to be such a crisis at the moment is usually the thing we smile or laugh over after reflecting.  xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!