Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fall

I can tell Fall is here though we in So Florida will not be feeling any change in our weather for at least 6 weeks yet. I can tell because it is time to think about the replanting and buying of seeds for my garden. I can envision sitting out there tending to the new seedlings. Juan Carlos is already out there supervising some changes we are making. This year we will plant and plan together, as my dear friend tends to the seedlings as much if not more than me. It will bring me even greater joy to have a partner in building our paradise.
The college kids have long gone except my 2nd son who goes to a school on the quarter system. He will be leaving Wed. How a year changes things. Last year after leaving him up there for his freshman year I fell into such a funk, a true deep sadness. I am sure you could hear that very clearly in the blogs from last Sept. It was an unbearable sadness that took its time to dissipate. This year I am ready for him to go back. I understand that is where his life is, and I must start to work more and get back into my routine which I am starting to long for. I have to say it is great having a lunch partner everyday, but sometimes you just want that bowl of oatmeal
The next year that announces fall to me more than anything is football season, or in my house FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not a football fan, I know that sounds horrible, but just never happened for me. Huge conflict occurs each football season as the 5 men ( or less these days) want to stay in the house ALL day and watch game after game. This year I have decided not to fight it, with the clear understanding I am not staying in catering to all these males. I have gone into retirement. Today was the Miami Hurricane game. They had a ball and so did I. I decided to get new make up for the fall. I thought it looked great til I walked in the door and my son Kevin wanted to know what happened to me. My husband asked if I was going to wash it all off. The next son comes in and says I look very un yogi like. Perhaps, I just look like a football widow. To the fall and all that comes with it, I think I am actually going to love Sundays. xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!