Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hinmahtooyah words

I ran into my most revered spiritual teacher. My waiter from Michael's genuine. That is what he does, not who he is or what he is about. Every time I see him I learn so much about my path and so much about life. I watched him for awhile through the restaurant window of where I was sitting. ( Not Michael's he was off.) He was so thin and covered in sinewy muscles, the body of youth and vitality. The smile and crystal clear eyes of someone young, strong and calm. He must be over 50 though, as I believe he received the red hand tattoo, ( I talk about in last year's blog ) at 50 and that was a few years before I met him. I wondered would he know me, seeing me not in the restaurant, he did calling me Jennifer as always. That suits me fine coming from him. He was with a woman called Morning Dove, she is very involved in spititual life leading meditation every Monday evening. Morning Dove is adopted family to him and he wanted to share some prayers of gratitude he brought with him to share on this grandparents day.
Here are the inspirational messages he passed for us to share.

My friend,
if I could give you
one thing,
I would give you
the ability to see
yourself
as others see you...
then you would realize
what a truly special
person you are.
-Barbara A. Billings


Oh Great Spirit, creator of all
Allow us to walk as with one
show us the pathway of dignity

Teach us to respect your creation
Give strength amidst times of need
Let it be known you are our guardian

Provide us with your many offerings
Forgive with grace when asked upon
Entrust us with sacred Earth's legacies

Grant us the insight to uphold your vision
inspire knowledge when asked thereafter
Bestow us tranquilty as we're forever grateful
Sioux prayer

I hope you also gain insight from Hinmahtooyah's gift of embracing and sharing. xo ginny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!