Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life

 I think a lot of you know so much about me by now. I have never hidden my life and use this blog as my personal space.  I truly hope my blogs enhance, enriches, and possibly at times even teaches life lessons, sometimes through recipes as well. Who knows...I just keep blogging and hopefully you keep reading.

This blog is about life lessons,  perceptions,  opinions etc. so I wanted to tell you about a few different opinions I have received lately and how I found it so incredible.

ginnybakes started plodding forward, until all of a sudden it went from a tiny company, and jumped one step forward and actually needed lots of attention and a core group of dedicated employees. Baker, baker consultant, packers and someone to help me oversee it  as well as a bookkeeper.

This was becoming a real business which is not my fortay. I like people, baking and creativity. Numbers, papers, invoices...foreign, scary and something you run from!!! So for awhile there it was getting pretty stressful, couldn't seem to find the right core group, felt really alone and out there, no partner to bounce ideas off of. Trying to work crazy hours, be a wife and mom, and do this with no yoga, as there quickly became no time for the luxury of a class for 1 1/2 hrs at 9 am. That only made the stress greater!

I did work out though however,  and my trainer Jeff Shepard, and my best friend Jane were with me in the gym early one morning when another employee called and  quit. If I wasn't so stressed it was almost comical-just couldn't seem to get out from under. Jeff who just worked through opening his gorgeous new gym Symbio, understood about working through hardships and struggles to bring a dream forward. I watched him work in a dust bowl keeping his head up as the struggles with the city to open to me seemed insurmountable. He survived, and is now mentoring me in how to be a business woman. Jane and Jeff were both encouraging me and telling me just pull it together and push through. I left the gym teary eyed, but ready to fight another battle.

I saw my yoga teacher on the street at that moment and he asked why I wasn't going to yoga. I explained what was going on. His advice- Walk away,  simplicity is the only way to live. I asked him about working through struggles, and feeling empowered when you strive and work hard to make a dream a reality.  He answered I will do it only long enough until it no longer feels right. It was a very enlightening conversation, as I knew I could not walk away from my ginnybakes baby. Goes back to the theory I truly believe in, hard times, make the sweet moments even sweeter.  The next day  my first Fresh Market came calling, and I grinned so wide at the joy of the timing.

Simplicity is a beautiful thing and at moments when I don't feel it, I am so glad I achieve it in Paul's yoga class. For now though think I will stick with advise on fighting through. Yesterday I was giggling so much my husband thought I was the biggest goof ball. Oh the laughter and goofiness, felt so right, so perfect. I was relaxed, I am beginning to understand, with business there are always ups and downs and I cannot take it personally.

Thanks to my husband, my friend and trainer Jeff, my yoga teacher Paul for all their wisdom and opinions, and thanks to my best friend Jane who is always there asking ok what's next? She is my Ethel and I am her Lucy-what a team.
xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!