Thursday, May 26, 2011

My New Client

You know how some people you just feel you are connected to. I had this feeling with a new client of mine. She has just started 3 weeks ago. I opened the door to a warm, beautiful smile, but a face that also looked weary and drawn. The glow I always check for was absent. The whites in the eyes which is also part of my preliminary check were not a crisp, sharp, clear white. And yet I recognized so the look of a mom who is giving too much of her physical and soul over to her kids and husband.

This is just so common in mothers who believe that motherhood means giving up the person they were before. I try and teach my clients that selfishness is when you lose yourself. When the sparkle and sensuality are gone, when we become lost in routine, no one around us is better for it. When we as moms are taking time to exercise, take care of ourselves and just have our moments to breath and reflect  the world around us seems so enthralling. When we take care of ourselves, we are so better equipped to care, and better yet hug tight and laugh deeply with our families and friends.

My client had done like many of us have before her, she stayed home nibbled on food all day, gained weight, stopped exercising and lost her way. She felt trapped and couldn't see her way out.

It is week 3, she has changed every aspect of her eating, lost 7 pounds and we set up a great exercise routine that she can manage while still working and caring for her two young daughters. She showed up this week in her exercise clothes, entering into the community I wanted her to feel a part of- the health conscious. She is happy, the glow is there and the whites are crisp. She is on her path and I am so grateful to be a part of the transformation. Makes a mom feel good to be helping another.
xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!