Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Dirty Dozen

Last night I was at an affair and there was a server there that I was immediately drawn to. She was so friendly and had just a wonderful aura around her. A connection was made.  Later in the night I mentioned to her I had a company Mindful Organics. Her eyes lit up, she knew Mindful, she is actually a facebook fan! Her name is Julie and it turns out she was just moonlighting and has an incredible job at a local hospital relating to nutrition and well being. We were both stunned by our instant connection to each other when we met. I definitely made a new friend last night. She was telling me in the program she is a director of they teach their patients about the dirty dozen. That reminded me I had not blogged about that yet, so here goes.

The dirty dozen are the fruits and vegetables that it is particulary important to eat the organic form of as these tend to have the largest amounts of pesticide residues.
Nectarines, lettuce, celery, spinach, cherries, peaches, potatoes, pears, imported grapes, bell peppers, apples, and strawberries.

According to the nonprofit Environmental Working Group (EWG) the types least likely to contain pesticides are avocados, sweet corn, broccoli, asparagus, banans, pineapple, and mango.
Hope the info is extremely helpful!  xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!