Sunday, October 25, 2009

smoothies by Kevin

My son Kevin is really is really getting into organics. As I always say ( and he concurs) it shows on his body. He is very conscious of what he is putting into his body. His friend (who wants to remain anonymous) says it has gone to far when Kevin refused to have an Acees Icees telling his friend how terrible all that suger would be on their systems. Kev is a firm believer in the power of smoothies and I am now including his recipe. Kevin's words and recipe now follow.

 We use vital choice organic fruit. We order it from vitalchoice.com. They sell blueberries, blackberries,  strawberries or a mix of all three. In my smoothie I use whatever frozen fruit we have plus bananas. (we put our over ripe ones in the freezer) I then put in flaxeed oil and coconut oil. I recently have been feeling low on energy so I now add my powder nutrients my mom  gave me  into my smoothie as well. I top it all off  by loading orange juice until it reaches a higher point than all the fruit. When everythings ready to go I blend it all up until its blended well.  
xo  ginny and Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!