Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Home

Home...usually I am so anxious to return. This time I could have stayed much longer if we could have just gotten Mark, Kevin and the beautiful Miss Bear over to us.

The trip came at a perfect time we had just come back from visiting our son Michael at his school in Chicago and I was finally beginning to feel that I would be ok with him away. My younger kids spent the weekend telling Michael how I am just not the same since he left- mourning his departure. I realized it was a good kick in the pants, a wake up call. The wake up continued with our visit to our oldest watching him as our tour guide through Oveido. (Mind you we did have some doubts on how his Spanish immersion was going...still spoke like an american with a really bad accent) I realized he too was ok and I needed to be as well. I did still have 2 at home which for many is a full house.

The trip was the most laid back one we have taken in so long. We slept late into the mornings had no true agendas, my husband always the trip planner, had loose plans but no reservations anywhere. Ended up by staying in fantastic places as everything seemed empty.

We watched as people spent their evenings socializing around tables, no check being brought until you practically begged for it. No one seemed to rush anywhere. Dinners were so leisurely and enjoyable watching all the drama of the families multi generational together. I actually don't remember laughing so hard so many times that I was bent over from it.

Here is where Mindfulness comes in- I brought back fresh prospective, life is lived at the pace we make it. We have commitments to so many people, organizations, our professions and of course and foremost family. I think though we forget about the responsibility to oneself...time for reflection so we grow wiser (and saner), time for solitude to embrace ourself and our uniqueness. The option not to answer a ringing phone, but instead enjoying great music, great conversation, or for me at times being lost in the private world of my garden. Namaste...xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!