Wednesday, November 4, 2009

random thoughts...again

Sometimes when you are so involved with something you think everyone else is too, sometimes though nobody truly is on your journey.  I use to feel like that alot with the organic world I so love. Boy have things changed though and I just wanted to point out somethings that have just popped out for me lately. The  CSA  for Temple Beth Sholom has grown to have 61 families with a large waiting list. Chaos might happen  tomorrow on our first distribution day but it will be filled with laughter and joy for all the promise of awareness entering our consciousness.

Two days ago I was at Whole Foods ordering an organic turkey for thanksgiving and left my card as they needed phone etc. The next day I heard back... could I drop off some more info on my company they would love to do something together. Just by ordering the right thing to feed my family good things came of it. Get that organic turkey,  karma might come with you too!

One of my first clients for private consultations has sprouted open my business simply by learning how to eat simply and with awareness. When she came to me she looked great to begin with maybe a little fuller than she wanted to be, but she is in the health business herself. Her problem was CRAVINGS she could really lose it. I showed her by eating in a certain style those would go away. They have she feels and looks so amazing!!  She is a walking billboard for Mindful Organics and loves to share and help others. No matter where she goes people are commenting and asking her about her changes. They were so simple, no cookie diet, no counting calories.  Instead learning to treat her body  like a beautiful temple, deserving of the utmost respect... welcoming in  a new way of thinking about food.

My boys and their friend got into the car yesterday after basketball and they were talking about lunch that day. Someone asked Kevin about his mom's involvement with organics and he was so proud. He started talking about how great he always feels and attributes it to the way he eats. He could care less what anyone thought,  and the truth was they were truly interested. Here's to the next generation!

Another moment hit this morning as I gave my kds their breakfast before school... halibut, sweet potatoes and a smoothie full of fruits and flax.  They don't blink an eye. To them this is just breakfast. 

And now I am sitting here and Wed is my favorite newspaper day of the week even better then Sunday. The New York Times Dining Section!! It never disappoints and I so look forward to it.
Today is amazing all dealing with the food movement. The White House's garden, policy making and who is involved (the White House chef) great new cookbooks focused on American Chefs and cooking with simplicity. Try to pick up a Times today you won't be disappointed.
 What a great time we are living in how grateful I am that I get to blog here about my passion. Thanks for letting me share my very random thoughts...xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!