Friday, November 6, 2009

off to visit Scott

My oldest son Scott is studying in Oviedo Spain and I haven't seen him since August.  Too long for sure. Though I guess you can't say I haven't seen him,  I have actually watched his hair grow in from a bad haircut to getting really long and crazy now. Courtesy of skype! I get the text, skype today mom? We then set our time (I actually set an alert on my phone can you believe forgot to show up to a couple in the beginning wasn't used to it)  now can't live without it. Technology baby...My husband and I are flying over tonight. We will spend 10 days traveling the seaport towns of Northern Spain and then head into Portugal. No set plans an outline of destinations we want to reach, with no reservations made after the first couple of nights. I am overjoyed at the freedom the trip offers and mostly the thought that my husband and I get to just kick back with this kid we adore who turned out to be an extraordinary man. When you have 4 when does it happen you get to have one to yourselves to travel with, let alone in Europe? We have been reminded to bring heavy coats, told where he will be waiting at the airport...role reversal? Mostly told by Scott he needs us,  his home, what more could parents ask for? Will blog from the trip though not too often as wi fi is limited we are avoiding big cities. Can't wait to be backtowns where no one has huge refrigerators, food is bought from the local farmers,  where the food is so fresh... stay well   xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!