Thursday, September 10, 2009

Being mindful of the passage of time

This blog isn't about food or the holistic lifestyle but more about being aware of lifes' moments.
Tonight we took our family of 6 out for dinner though only 5 were present, the oldest being away studying in Spain.  Knowing that after dinner tonight for the majority of time the next few years dinner will be for 4 of us. This is so hard to bear.  To know me is to understand the immense pride of raising this large family of mine,  yes 4 boys. Many times over the 21 years of raising these sons of mine people would say the oddest things... like were you hoping for the girl? Are you going to keep going til you get a girl and well G-d bless you for having 4 boys! My answer to that one always was, well she did! Truly I couldn't have wished for a crazier, fuller life. I like people,  I mean I really like people, food, activity and animals. My life has been full of all of those but now it is beginning to quiet down and I am just not ready. I started talking to my husband a few years back about adopting an Asian girl. That was met with a look of pure horror. Not the Asian part mind you,  it was the 5th child thought. 
Of course I still have 2 at home but 2 is so quiet. I guess I could learn to like quietness but I wouldn't bet on it.
  As I have always told the boys being sad is ok it teaches the lesson of how sweet it is when all is well.  Thanksgiving is just around the corner right?  xo Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!