Monday, September 7, 2009

Organic Metro Bistro

On this past rainy Saturday evening of Labor Day weekend we met our dear friends Nancy and Brad at a restaurant Nancy thought I would be interested in. I am so thrilled she suggested it. It is now one of my favorites that I will be returning to often. 
Metro Bistro is on Biscayne Boulevard and 70 Street adjacent to the Karma Car Wash. The restaurant has  3 tables inside, 4 stools at the cool bar,  and quite a few tables outside in their very South Beach looking patio. (lot of white and some wht drapery) 

Food is all organic coming from Global Organics, Paradise Farms (which I love go online and sign up for one of their magical dinners, Dec thru April-amazing, another blog though) and Alberts Organics. The menu is wonderful from Grass fed Burgers, Steak Frites (gentleman at the next table said it was cooked to perfection with the best chimichuri he had ever had) to unbelievable salads, fresh fish and free range chicken. I had a beet and goat cheese salad the beets were amazingly delicious. I followed it with a Tuna Nicoise salad made from seared sashimi grade yellow-fin tuna.  My husband had a Hefe Weisen Beer on tap with his dinner said it was the best Hefe Weisen he's had outside of Germany. 
Our server Akira was so professional and friendly, really helpful. Chef Nuno came out to say hello to each table which made for a great experience. He was also very kind to give me a couple of his recipes I was interested in.
Another wonderful part of the evening was meeting some of the people sitting at the table next to us. (place is cozy) As I said in the post one earlier,  when you are following your passion you tend to really enjoy the people you come across. We met Melanie and Jeff who have just moved back to the Miami area after spending a few years in Tampa.  We were chatting about organic restaurants, food and the lifestyle.  Melanie,  a breast cancer surviver is opening her own business called Pinkgrowsgreen.net. To be honest it sounded terrific, and I know it involved home products such as blankets and throws made from environmentally friendly products but I am a little fuzzy on all the details. Give Melanie a little time and then check her website. I know from meeting her it will be very worthwhile. 
I promise if you go to Metro Bistro you will love it. Lets support those of us trying to move us into a healthier more organic lifestyle!  xo Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!