Thursday, September 24, 2009

changing my course

A friend of mine told me he didn't like the blog titled a passage of time. He said it bothered him that it (the blog) was so sad and felt my sadness too strongly through it. I shrugged my shoulders and said to him the same thing I say to my boys, sadness is part of life- makes the good times sweeter. For me its hard to stay sad for long,  I am one of the lucky ones it takes a lot for me to be down. My mom likes to tell how on each birthday that came around while I was a little girl I would feel  bittersweet at my forthcoming birthday. I would tell her the previous year had been so perfect I really wasn't ready to move on. 
This time though has been a bit different having my older child in Spain and the next one off in Chicago has been a blow right at the time of the Jewish New Year. Couldn't seem to pull it together.  I guess I decided I needed to snap out of it when my two younger sons had reached their limit and pointed out they were still home. They put a vase of flowers in front of my husband and I at dinner the other night announcing for the amount we noticed them they might have been sitting at another table. That kind of got my attention...and so the detox began. Sometimes to change the course of where we are heading we need to make a sharp turn. For me its through exercise and eating. The detox did just what it needed to, I feel so light, free, renergized and focused.  Those boys of mine better watch out they have my full attention now. More than they might want...   xo  ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!