Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Garden

Today I was in my garden weeding, thinking, and planning for Sunday when I will plant more.
I have never had a garden before and never really thought much about growing or the experience it would offer. If I had realized the gift it offers I would have put one in long ago. Many wonderful things are coming out of it besides just the seedlings. Pride in giving life even if it is just seeds. Those seeds though will bring my family bounty as well as gifts to friends as I hand out my produce. It teaches my kids what it is to wait for something to grow instead of the instant gratification of buying. It gives me utter joy and peace. I can be in the garden and lose complete track of time. The 20 minutes I planned to spend in there turns into 45 in a heartbeat as my mind stills and my hands are busy... tranquilty.  I had friends over today and we all walked in to my beautiful garden.  I looked at my tiny sprouts that could pass for weeds and my heart swelled with the pride of what I was bringing forth.  xo  ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!