Sunday, September 13, 2009

Karyn's Cooked with Michael

Ok so I have wanted for the longest time when in Chicago to eat at Karyn's Cooked ( conscious comfort food)  She has Karyn's Raw which I have been to the market area of,  I have Karyn's detox videos on her 3 month raw detox. To say I am enamored of this woman would be correct though I have never met her personally. She is 62,  I understand looks amazing still wearing mini skirts and heels,  and after her grandmother and mother died very young from disease she decided to save herself through nutrition. She is alive, kicking and fabulous another story of the power of food and the choices we make. 
Well to make a long story more interesting when in Chicago with my troops I always lose the battle and never get to eat there. This time however is different...only Michael with me for a day and a half. No husband and 3 other guys to win over. I did good I went with Michael for pizza at midnight Miami time Friday night to a tired looking but delicious pizza institution. I think it was called Luminatis or something close. He thought I was so cool, I knew I was working it. I wanted Karyn's for lunch saturday.  Won the lunch battle had the most delicious over the top vegan pizza and raw plate. What did Michael have...he managed just fine with a budda bowl and another life experience. Hopefully everytime I introduce these guys to new eating experiences it will stay with them and one day teach their kids what good food really is. Here's to more places and people like Karyn. In the meantime when I am stuck today in a sportsbar  xo ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!