Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Family Dinners

Believe it or not my family doesn't always listen to me. Well actually I guess we could say it is probably a fairly frequent occurence of late.  As the family testerone levels only get to be more of a presence each year. The 4 boys get taller, the muscles and pecs are an ongoing discussion and if you've had dinner at my house you might have witnessed this wild scene that erupts from time to time. The boys start having a discussion on how much they are benching, pressing whatever...in just another moment as there is the break from salad to the main course there are at least two down on the floor doing push ups to see whose form is better. Before you can blink your eyes their shirts are off showing off pecs. It goes on until I either leave the room or better yet start showing my 6 pack. To them that is disgusting that their mother also might possibly have muscles. Dinner resumes...
Interesting as they grow older and care more about their strength they have started to be interested in what foods can help them get stronger and healthier. No longer am I preaching to an empty audience (well sometimes). I know I am getting places when my son came home from a trip with friends and said what he missed most was healthy organic foods.  Progress step by step now if only I could get them to eat brussel sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!