Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mi Amo Spa's Tofu Scramble

On one of my round birthdays my husband surprised me and took me to a most magical place. Mi Amo Spa in Sedona, Arizona. 
There is a peace there that is intangible,  you breathe deep and feel so light and relaxed from the moment you set foot on the property. At night the sky is so black and the stars so illuminated. 
The Spa is beautiful with a meditation circle that is exquisite. It is dark and other wordly, mystical. You hold hands with those amongst you strangers who you feel such an intimate bond to.  I looked up for a moment to exalt in being there at that given moment in time...and there is my husband at a tiny viewing window making the goofiest faces. I was so stunned out of my serene state!! Laughter though is probably the best thing for the soul!!
The food there is incredible and here is their recipe...

Tofu Scramble
1tsp sesame or olive oil
4 oz shitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
2 cups firm tofu crumbled
2 green onions chopped
1/4 cup tahini
1 tsp curry powder
2 TBL tamari sauce
4 TBL alfafa sprouts for garnish

Heat a 10 inch skillet over med heat. Add the oil, when it is hot add the mushrooms. Cook stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are softened but not browned, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the tofu, green onions, tahini and curry powder. Cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavors. Stir in the tamari sauce and remove from the heat. If desired, garnish each serving with 1 TBL of sprouts
Bon apetite!!
The cookbook is called A Journey of Taste   (I highly recommend it)    xo Ginny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!