Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hinmahtooyah

so shall I tell you about my evening?
Let me start by telling you my all time favorite restaurant is Michael's Genuine Food.  We go there alot. The food is outrageous, local, organic, grass fed, and wild caught. 
 My husband and I always go out one night alone. Rule is no kids,  no friends.  Focus on us. It works for us keeps us in tune with one another. 
When we go to Michael's I always request Hinmahtooyah. To say he is a waiter would be entirely wrong. He is our spiritual advisor for the evening. I hadn't seen him in awhile,  we were away a bit, and truly over the summer when in So. Florida in the summer we hibernate.
In the past though I have told my children about the red hand I would be tattooing on my body when my first grandchild was born if I was in the right place in life.  Hinmahtooyah told me the signifance and to my kids shock I have vowed to have this tattoo done when the next generation entered. The problem was though I told them how important it was to me remembering how I felt when I was told,  I honestly couldn't remember the meaning. Enter tonight. Hinmahtooyah went over it again in detail. It has only made stronger my conviction to wear the red hand one day.  Hinmahtooyah waited til he was fifity to put on the tattoo, because he felt at that point he had all the virtues that one required to wear it. They are courage, wisdom, strength, generosity, and honor. Honor he believes takes the longest because we live amongst humans, the hardest species to understand true honor. 
I learn every time I am in his presence. Tonight he was showing us the spiritual way to hug left
 to left... heart to heart  for the energy and spirit exchange. He also invited me to a meditation session Monday evening. I felt so honored,  better believe I will be there. You never know which person's path we will cross with Hinmahtooyah the honor is all mine. 
And years from now hopefully I will feel within my heart all five of the virtues so I too can wear the red hand.   xo Ginny

1 comment:

  1. Juan Carlos told me all about this at our meeting this morning.
    Is this the guy who skateboards all over South Beach?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!