Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nirvana

As I mentioned in my blog yesterday I was so happy to be home to be eating on my own. Actually juiced for breakfast and lunch. Kale, celery, ginger, beets and apple. I would have continued and been very happy except life got in the way. Namely my husband Steve. He is definitely not into juicing for dinner, not sure why he can't,  but it is an absolute not going there for him. Since we didn't have plans and I wanted to skip dinner I was trying my old trick of angling for a movie right at dinner time. He was obstinate tonight and I soon found myself sitting in our favorite spot the Bar at Sardinias. It is our local sexy, cool upscale italian  restaurant where when it is the two of us we sit at the bar for dinner. It is at these barstools that we have the best of conversations. Our friend Katie (who we know from our very frequent visits) always welcomes us with warmth. I have to tell you at that moment it truly felt like we had been roughing it in the Bahamas and couldn't wait to eat our type of food. Fish,  and veggies. Though I feel the stirrings of my vegan side coming forth. It happens that way for me. I realized then that my husband has traveled a long road with me as he continuously said how he missed his clean food. This from my midwestern boy. I guess if you want to eat in my house and you don't cook surrendering might be the best idea. Until the lifestyle enfolds you and nirvana truly becomes sitting at the barstool at Sardinia enjoying the healthy side. Now if only I can get him to Om Garden...
xo  Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!