Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lunch with my son Kevin

Last day for Kevin before orientation tomorrow. I am feeling a bit melancholy... Where did the summer go? For our last summer lunch we went to our favorite,  The Icebox on Lincoln Road. To say I eat there on a regular basis is probably an understatement. Of course we all have our quirks. I always look at the menu and then  order the same thing each time. The menu is perfect, great for clean vegetarian eaters as well as for the mainstream.   I think though that the staff is also a big reason I go. I feel like I am dropping in on friends. Today I walked in and my hair for awhile there was probably looking a bit orange from all the summer sun and there is Jackie mentioning my hair looks darker today. I like going to a place so much they notice when I darkened my hair. (oh the little things in life!) 
Erica ( Jackie's girlfriend and my other favorite)   is so patient,  I always like to discuss the menu going over the options even though we both know what I am going to order. No I don't know them outside Icebox but they feel like good friends just the same. They are part of my world.
 You might think I forgot Kevin in all this ordering but no I was laughing as he points to my kale and cucumbers and asks how is your avocado and lettuce? I keep trying... We had a great lunch but the best part was going home and having my son say thanks mom,  love being with you. What greater joy is there than that. If summer has to end at least it ends with me just wishing for more... not a bad way to live.  xo Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and support of Mindful Organics/Ginny Bakes!